AI Programmer - Edinburgh
The role involves development of both the core AI system, and game-level behaviours. A rich and varied ambient world is essential to our game, and you will play a key role in creating it. Aware of current trends and techniques in the field of AI, you must also be a pragmatist, able to balance the goal of emergent behaviour with the need for robust and reliable gameplay.
We are recruiting for multiple positions, and welcome candidates with varied levels of experience.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Develop core AI system features, including evaluating and integrating 3rd party solutions where appropriate.
- Develop and tune AI behaviours to create a rich ambient world and meet the needs of the gameplay team.
- Work closely with animation, physics and network programmers.
- Strong C++ skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams.
- Videogame AI programming experience, ideally on AAA PC/console titles.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter and CV/resume here: firstname.lastname@example.org