Lead In-game Animator - Edinburgh
Rich interactive character animation is critical to our game, and this role involves a wide range of in-game animation tasks, where you will be working closely with other teams and helping to define the project’s animation workflow, to create a game experience that plays as good as it looks.
As well as leading the team, in the early stages of the project you will also be involved in significant amounts of hands-on animation work - as well as growing the team into a world-class animation force.
We are looking for a passionate team leader who can motivate and encourage others; who loves games and animation.
We use a combination of key-frame and mocap techniques, and you must be skilled at working with both.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project. We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands.
We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Deliver the wide range of high quality character animations required by the game.
- Work with game designers to understand their animation needs, and with production to plan schedules.
- Plan and run motion-capture sessions.
- Assist with the clean-up and polish of the captured data.
- Work closely with character artists and animation programmers to define requirements and understand technical limitations.
- Manage and mentor other members of the animation department.
- Expert knowledge of animation principles and how they relate to other disciplines.
- Significant experience with tools such as Maya or MotionBuilder, in a videogame environment.
- Experience with both motion-capture and keyframe animation techniques.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working across multiple teams and managing team members.
- Extensive videogame experience, having shipped at least one AAA PC/console game.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter, CV/resume, and showreel where available, here: email@example.com