Animator - Edinburgh
Rich and detailed character animation is critical to our game, and this role involves a wide range of hands-on animation tasks, where you will be working closely with other teams and helping to define the project’s animation workflow.
We are recruiting for multiple positions, and welcome candidates with varied levels of experience.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Deliver the wide range of high quality character animations required by the game.
- Work with game designers to understand their animation needs, and with production to plan schedules.
- Plan and run motion-capture sessions.
- Clean-up and polish of the captured data.
- Work closely with character artists and animation programmers to define requirements and understand technical limitations.
- Expert knowledge of animation principles and how they relate to other disciplines.
- Significant MotionBuilder experience, in a videogame environment.
- Experience with both motion-capture and keyframe animation techniques.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across multiple teams.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter, CV/resume, and showreel where available, here: email@example.com