Character Artist - Edinburgh
Rich and detailed characters are critical to our game, and this role involves working on all aspects of character design. You will have a large degree of creative autonomy, but will also need to work closely with technical artists and other teams to meet, and help define, strict technical requirements.
We are recruiting for multiple positions, and welcome candidates with varied levels of experience.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Deliver the wide range of high quality character art required by the game.
- Work with game designers to understand the needs of the project, and with production to plan schedules.
- Work closely with technical artists and animators to define requirements and understand technical limitations.
- Expert knowledge of character design, including 3D modelling and texturing, with an understanding of rigging and skinning.
- Very strong artistic skills, with the ability to translate art direction into reality.
- Significant experience with 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya, or ZBrush, in a videogame environment.
- Strong understanding of human form and anatomy.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across multiple teams.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter, CV/resume, and showreel where available, here: email@example.com