Environment Level Designer - Budapest
As an environment level designer in our Budapest studio, you’ll get the opportunity to bring the game world to life, to create environments which resonate deeply with the players, building immersive, believable places. Day to day, you will be furnishing the game world with props, objects, and characters.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground-breaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Work with the Design Lead and fellow artists and designers to create inspiring environments while ensuring a consistent art style is maintained across the game.
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure the game world supports gameplay requirements.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
- Experience using in-house world editing software.
- A keen eye for colour and light, shade, shape, and silhouette.
- Proficient at identifying and supporting gameplay needs and constraints within a layout.
- Working knowledge of CryEngine or Lumberyard is a big plus!
- Experience building large open world with a focus on 3rd person action encounters is a plus.
- Comfortable working with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
- An aptitude for learning new technology, level editors, engines and systems.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
Location This full-time role is based in Budapest, Hungary.
Please send your covering letter, CV/resume here: firstname.lastname@example.org