*NEW* Lead Audio Designer - Edinburgh
As Lead Audio Designer you will create and implement audio, drive a team of audio designers, working in an open world games environment with endless soundscape possibilities. You will have strong decision-making abilities both technically and creatively.
You will be able to work with the audio coders to design audio systems such as dialogue, collision, ambience, cinematics and score.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands.
All applicants should submit links to a current show-reel of their work outlining their input.
- Design and implement immersive audio, of an exceptional standard, for an open world game.
- Work closely with the Audio Director and Lead Audio Programmer following their direction.
- Take ownership of the day-to-day audio tasks such as design, admin duties, scheduling, communicating with the script, animation, art, cinematic, dialogue and music departments.
- Manage offsite vendor relationships. Supervise and attend foley or dialogue recording sessions.
- 3 - 5 years industry experience in a Lead or Senior role having shipped at least 2 AAA titles.
- Experience in all aspects of audio process - recording, SFX design, dialogue, ambience, procedural audio and physics.
- Expert knowledge of - Wwise, surround sound, VR audio, Ambisonics, middleware, audio channel counts, memory budgets, submission builds, Perforce, Multi-player audio, console compression, channel counts and audio banks.
- Highly organised technical and creative problem solver with a positive attitude is a must.
- Ability to deal with challenging audio related tasks.
- Strong communication and leadership skills to work across multiple teams.
- Extensive technical knowledge of open world audio.
- Be up-to-date with the current gen audio techniques, software and available tech.
- Have meticulous attention to detail and a passion for game audio.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal are essential.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Please send your covering letter, CV/resume, and show reel where available, here: firstname.lastname@example.org