Lead Gameplay Designer - Edinburgh
Gameplay is at the heart of everything we do, and this role involves working closely with our Design Director to design and implement the gameplay systems, levels, and features that define the project. Working closely with art, animation, physics, audio, and just about all other departments, you will be combining all the elements of the game into a complete experience.
Alongside managing a team of gameplay scripters, this will also be a hands-on role, and your videogame design experience and eye for detail should be matched by strong technical scripting skills.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Working closely with our Design Director to flesh out the overall design of the game.
- Leading and managing the gameplay scripting team.
- Tuning and balancing missions.
- Contributing to schedule production and tracking.
- Working closely with other departments to request and integrate required assets.
- Implementing missions and activities using code-based scripting tools.
- Extensive videogame design and scripting experience, including having shipped at least one AAA PC/console title.
- Experience managing staff.
- Good knowledge of a technical scripting language such as Lua or C#.
- Passion for videogames, and a detailed grasp of game types and systems.
- An eye for detail, and a drive to create polished high-quality work.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Experience with visual scripting tools would be an advantage.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter and CV/resume here: email@example.com