Lead Gameplay Networking Programmer - Edinburgh
Based in our Edinburgh studio you will be responsible for the design and implementation of the client and server gameplay networking architecture for Everywhere. In addition to building and managing our gameplay networking team, this role involves hands-on development. You will also liaise with third-parties and communicate gameplay networking requirements and limitations to the wider development teams.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Design and lead development of our client and server gameplay networking architecture.
- Oversee the performance and scalability of our game servers.
- Define and manage budgets for bandwidth and server utilisation.
- Build and manage our gameplay networking team.
- Educate the wider development team on the challenges and trade-offs associated with networking gameplay, dealing with potential issues as early as possible in the development pipeline.
- Liaise with third-parties across a wide range of client and server related networking requirements.
- Take a hands-on approach to implementing client and server networking features.
- Work with the lead back-end programmer to ensure the game servers are correctly integrated with the back-end services and scaled according to demand.
- Strong C++ skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams.
- Experience managing a technical team.
- Extensive gameplay networking design and programming experience on at least one released AAA PC/console game.
- Experience hosting game servers in the cloud, preferably with AWS.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter and CV/resume here: firstname.lastname@example.org