Lead Gameplay Programmer - Edinburgh
The role involves working across numerous disciplines, including the 3Cs (Character, Controls, Camera), animation, AI, and physics. Working on both the core systems and game-level behaviours, you must have both strong technical skills and a good awareness of modern gameplay techniques. You must also be comfortable working closely with the design and animation teams to understand their requirements and provide scalable and pragmatic solutions.
You will also be managing other members of the gameplay programming team, and working closely with the Technical Director to define relevant parts of the technical architecture. We would also encourage applicants who specialise in AI, animation, or physics, who also have a broad understanding of all gameplay areas.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Work with the gameplay team to provide technical solutions to their requirements.
- Work closely with and manage dedicated animation, physics, and AI programmers.
- Evaluate and integrate appropriate 3rd party solutions where appropriate.
- Assist the Technical Director in defining the architecture of gameplay code.
- Strong C++ skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working across teams and managing technical team members.
- Extensive videogame programming experience, including having shipped at least one PC/console title.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter and CV/resume here: email@example.com