Lead Sound Designer - Edinburgh
Immersive ambient soundscapes and satisfyingly interactive sound design are essential in bringing our expansive open world to life, and this role involves working on all aspects of sound design across the game. You will have a large degree of creative autonomy, but will also need to work closely with all other departments, as we view audio as an integral and critical part of the development process. With a focus on sound design, you will also have exposure to music and dialogue production. It is a hands-on role, and you will be creating and tuning large amounts of audio content and designing audio systems, as well as running the department.
You will be managing and mentoring other members of the audio team as the studio grows, and we welcome applicants with varying degrees of experience. As well as the creative side, you will also be involved in managing schedules, production pipelines, and external partners. Technically aware, you will also be responsible for the work of audio programmers in the team.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Deliver the wide range of high-quality sound effects required by the game.
- Design audio systems that meet technical and production requirements as well as delivering great-sounding audio.
- Work with game designers and senior leadership to understand the needs of the project, and with production to plan schedules.
- Manage and mentor other sound designers and audio programmers, as the studio grows.
- Work with external partners, especially regarding dialogue and music production.
- Expert knowledge of a broad range of sound design principles, in a videogame context.
- Experience with sound recording, editing, and mixing.
- Expert knowledge of a modern implementation tool such as Wwise.
- Understanding of the technical limitations of videogame audio, for example memory budgets and channel counts.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable managing and mentoring staff.
- Videogame sound design experience, including having shipped at least one PC/console title.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Please send your covering letter, CV/resume, and showreel where available, here: firstname.lastname@example.org