Network Architect - Edinburgh
The role involves planning and implementing our network architecture, working with 3rd parties on server infrastructure and communicating our networking requirements and limitations to the wider technical teams. You will also lead the network programming team.
Our game is built to support networking from the ground up, and you will play a critical role in ensuring it is built on strong foundations.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Develop core networking architecture and functionality, defining APIs and frameworks for the rest of the code team.
- Ensure networking systems are robust and high-performance.
- Work with game-level programmers to implement network-aware gameplay features.
- Interface with 3rd party providers across the full range of network-related requirements.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams.
- Extensive videogame network programming/architecture experience, including having shipped at least one AAA PC/console title.
- Experience managing technical team members.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter and CV/resume here: email@example.com