Senior Gameplay Networking Programmer - Edinburgh
Based in our Edinburgh studio you will make a major contribution to the design and implementation of the client and server gameplay networking architecture for Everywhere. This will involve working with the wider development teams to implement networked gameplay features and share best practice. You will also have the opportunity to mentor more junior programmers.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of our client and server gameplay networking architecture.
- Work closely with both networking specialists and developers from other teams to implement efficient and robust networked gameplay features.
- Develop core networking functionality and interfaces that can be used by the wider development team.
- Work within defined budgets for bandwidth and server utilisation.
- Support and mentor other members of the gameplay networking team.
- Strong C++ skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams and mentoring staff.
- Gameplay networking design and programming experience on at least one released PC/console game.
- Experience hosting game servers in the cloud, preferably with AWS, would be beneficial.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter and CV/resume here: firstname.lastname@example.org