*NEW* Senior Technical Artist (Animation)
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to work on the recently announced video game Everywhere
As a Senior Technical Artist you will be working alongside the animation team to enable them produce high-end content and providing technical guidance as well as helping to define animation workflow and pipelines. You will be working closely with the Cinematic Director and Lead Animator to ensure that the technical development for the animation pipeline scales alongside with the team’s needs.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Tech Artist who understands animation production and has a genuine interest in spearheading the creation of the tools and pipeline for the animation teams. Someone who’s keen at providing solutions and always find a better way. You will be joining the studio at a pivotal time in the Studio as we grow our animation teams and define our pipeline.
- Tech support for the animation teams.
- Problem solving.
- Recognizing inefficiencies or pipeline issues and provide solutions.
- Develop tools & scripts for third party software (Motion Builder & Maya) and in-house tools.
- Creation & maintenance of technical documentation.
- Liaise with animation and programming teams to bridge needs and requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Motion Builder / Maya.
- Strong Python / Mel programming.
- Experience in various other scripting or programming languages is desirable.
- Experience building rigs, including humanoid, facial, vehicles and prop rigging.
- Understanding of 3D Math functions - linear algebra & vector maths.
- Experience in game development working with animation teams.
- Be detail, logic and functionality orientated.
- Open to change and to improve upon existing tools, as well as willingness to design custom tools and new rigs from scratch.
- Be proactive at contributing with tech solutions that will help improve workflows.
- Stay positive and interested in taking on new challenges.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please apply by emailing us your covering letter, CV/resume, and showreel where available.