Senior Technical Character Artist - Edinburgh
Rich and detailed animated characters are critical to our game, and this role is pivotal in creating and maintaining an art pipeline that can scale to a large project while still providing artists with sufficient creative freedom.
We are recruiting for multiple positions, and welcome candidates with varied levels of experience.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant techniques and technologies, and ensure the team is using the most productive and creative tools.
- Create scripts and tools for the character art and animation teams.
- Troubleshoot technical problems for other members of the character and animation teams, and help with the rollout of new tools and workflows.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of 3D character design and creation, including modelling, rigging, and skinning.
- Extensive experience with 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya, or ZBrush, including having shipped at least one PC/console title.
- Strong technical understanding of art pipelines, and memory and rendering budgets.
- Experience with Python or similar programming languages.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across multiple teams and mentoring staff.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter, CV/resume, and showreel where available, here: firstname.lastname@example.org