Sound Designer - Edinburgh
Immersive ambient soundscapes and satisfyingly interactive sound design are essential in bringing our expansive open world to life, and this role involves working on all aspects of sound design across the game. You will have a large degree of creative autonomy, but will also need to work closely with all other departments, as we view audio as an integral and critical part of the development process. With a focus on sound design, you may also have exposure to music and dialogue production. You will be creating and tuning large amounts of audio content, as well as helping design audio systems.
Interactivity is key to our approach to sound design, and as well as producing high-quality raw assets, you must be comfortable and experienced tuning in-game sfx and working with scripters and coders to ensure your assets respond to the dynamics of the game.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Help deliver the wide range of high-quality sound effects required by the game.
- Help design audio systems that meet technical and production requirements as well as delivering great-sounding audio.
- Work with game designers and programmers to integrate sfx into the game.
- Work with external partners, especially regarding dialogue and music production.
- Good knowledge of a broad range of sound design principles, in a video game context.
- Experience with sound recording, editing, and mixing.
- Good knowledge of a modern implementation tool such as Wwise.
- Understanding of the technical limitations of video game audio, for example memory budgets and channel counts.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across diverse teams.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Please send your covering letter, CV/resume, and showreel where available, here: email@example.com