*NEW* Senior AI Programmer - Edinburgh
As Senior AI Programmer in our Edinburgh studio, you’ll be part of the team pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in a simulated world, extending and maintaining the core AI system that enables the game to run efficiently while also delivering on our gameplay goals in the game specific layer. You must be comfortable working closely with the design and animation teams to understand their requirements and provide scalable and pragmatic solutions. As well as solving challenging new technical problems, you will have a good understanding of best-practice and standard techniques across a range of AI and gameplay systems. The role also involves mentoring and guiding the work of other AI programmers.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-universe game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Support the AI, Network & Gameplay programming teams by providing technical solutions to their requirements.
- Support the Design team to create and maintain Behavior Trees.
- Help evaluate and integrate 3rd party solutions where appropriate.
- Prioritization and time management of assigned tasks.
- Help manage and mentor other members of the AI programming team.
- Strong C++ skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams and mentoring staff.
- At least one shipped AAA PC/console title as AI programmer.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter, CV/Resume and a link to your showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org