*NEW* Technical Animator
The role involves bridging the programming and the animation teams by working closely with both groups implementing animation using engine tools and animation authoring packages. This is a technical role so you must be comfortable spending time on the technical side of production but at the same time have a good eye for animation. You will be working under the guidance of the Lead Animator and Cinematic Director.
The studio is currently expanding and we’re looking for exceptional candidates that will play a significant role building a triple A game.
We’re an iterative development studio and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe that the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
- Maintain and create animation graphs
- Integrate new animations into the current pipeline
- Work close to gameplay programmers and the gameplay animation team
- Debug animation graphs to solve gameplay animation issues
- Create new animations (placeholders or finals) if needed
Artistic and technical requirements
- Experience with graph based system / setting up graphs
- Strong experience working with Maya / Motion Builder
- Experience working on gameplay animations
- Strong practical understanding of animation logic: node graphs, animation trees and similar engine editors and technologies
- Debugging animation graphs
- Able to write technical documentation
- Good capacity to communicate verbally as well as written
- Preferably with experience in AAA games
- Ability to work autonomously with little documentation
- Problem-solving attitude and proactivity
- Good communication skills
- Passion for making awesome games.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter, CV/Resume and a link to your showreel to email@example.com