Technical Gameplay Scripter - Edinburgh
Gameplay is at the heart of everything we do, and this role involves implementing the core gameplay script systems required by the rest of the gameplay scripting team. It involves working closely with both scripters and the code team, and an understanding of both high-level gameplay systems and low-level technical architectures.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Design and implement core gameplay script systems.
- Assist other members of the team with technical scripting queries, and provide guidance on best-practice techniques.
- Work closely with the code team to ensure the performance, stability, and scalability of the core script systems meet the requirements of the game.
- Extensive experience with C++ and technical scripting languages such as Lua.
- Passion for videogames, and a broad grasp of game types and systems.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Experience with visual scripting tools would be an advantage.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter and CV/resume here: email@example.com