BRAND USAGE GUIDELINES
EVERYWHERE NAME, BRANDING AND ASSET USAGE GUIDELINES
With EVERYWHERE, we want to build a fun, safe and inclusive space for everyone. EVERYWHERE is really important to us, and we are excited to see what awesome and creative things you will do.
However, we want to ensure that your use of EVERYWHERE is fair and transparent. We want the community to be able to distinguish products or services produced by, endorsed by, and connected with us from the brilliant creations of our community. We want to avoid scenarios where our fans and community are misled into thinking something is official because we can’t guarantee or control the content and its quality which can devalue the efforts of our team and our work on EVERYWHERE.
We want our community to get involved with EVERYWHERE and let their creativity flow. To help with that we’ve created these Brand Guidelines (the “Guidelines”) intended to help everyone understand what we consider to be fair and unfair use of our "Name", "Branding", "Assets" and EVERYWHERE itself. We explain below what we mean by each of these terms.
These Guidelines will provide clarity on what you can do without getting in touch with us and what you should only do if you have first obtained our permission. We also explain below how to request our permission. If you don’t follow these Guidelines then we may have to prevent your further use of our Name, Branding and Assets and in some situations prevent you from using or accessing EVERYWHERE.
These Guidelines cover the use of our Name, Branding and our Assets. When we refer to:
- our “Name”, we mean our company name Build A Rocket Boy and all its affiliates.
- our “Branding”, we mean our registered and unregistered trademarks, trade dress, corporate indicators, the name of any one of our games, taglines, features, events, or company identity and/or the related logos and distinctive characteristics, as well as any names which are confusingly similar to any of these;
- our "Assets", we mean the graphics, textures, images, models, code, software, sound, audio, (intellectual) property and any other tangible or intangible assets resulting from, residing in or connected to any of our games and any videos or screenshots taken from our games.
In this section we’ve set out the most Important rules when using our Name, Branding and Assets. Whatever project you’re working on, these are the key things to keep in mind.
You MUST NOT:
- share any of our Assets without our prior written consent, unless any of these Assets have already been shared by us publicly and do not contain any third-party content;
- discriminate against anyone, including but not limited to discrimination by race, gender, identity, sexual orientation or ability;
- break any laws, deceive or harm people or maliciously seek to damage our reputation;
- share or use third party content, without their permission; nor
- use our Name to distinguish your activities, goods and/or services, without our prior explicit consent.
- ensure that any of your activities using our Branding or Assets remain appropriate to the age rating for EVERYWHERE; and
- not mislead people into thinking that what you are doing is officially sanctioned by us, approved or endorsed by us, or associated or connected with us (unless you have spoken to us and we have agreed that you can).
CREATING THINGS FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE
Generally, we don’t mind if you use our Branding and Assets to create things for your own personal use, as long as you are not sharing it with others or distributing it in any way. This for example includes distribution for profit or (other) financial or immaterial gain.
VIDEOS, SCREENSHOTS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
During the time you’re bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement, we do not allow you to share videos and screenshots of your creations on social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok etc), livestreaming platforms (Twitch, Facebook Live etc) and video sharing websites (YouTube) without our express and prior written consent. In the event you have a written agreement with us that allows you to share videos, screenshots and other EVERYWHERE related Assets online, please make sure you follow these Guidelines (including the Important Rules).
We are happy for you to monetise your videos that includes our Name, Branding and Assets (all in line with the above), as long as:
- you abide by these Guidelines (including the Important Rules); and
- such videos include a unique element provided by you, such as commentary, analysis, artwork or some other original idea in order to distinguish your video from videos produced and shared by us.
You can also monetise your screenshots and social media content that includes our Branding and Assets, as long as:
- you abide by these Guidelines (including the Important Rules); and
- your use falls into the category of ‘fair dealing’ or ‘fair use’. Please note that even if this is the case, you must still credit us as the original creators or owners of the Name, Branding and/or Assets. Crediting can be done in your standard crediting format, referencing “Origin: EVERYWHERE by Build A Rocket Boy".
OTHER NON-COMMERCIAL USE
We are quite relaxed about non-commercial uses (i.e. uses where you are not making money through selling or distributing your projects) so feel free to create (to the extent that they don’t use any of our Assets) fan websites, fan art, news groups, forums, , provided that you do not share any Assets or other EVERYWHERE content that are subject to a Non-Disclosure Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, this also means that during the time you’re bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement, hosting or creating of any public event, forum, newsgroup etc. would not be permitted.
Moreover, if you want to use any Branding in the title of a product that you distribute or service that you provide (even if it is for free) then you have to:
- follow these Guidelines (including the Important Rules):
- be fair and transparent in how you market that product or service;
- ensure there that there is little to no risk of your product or service being construed as official, approved or endorsed by us; and
- include an appropriate notice, as follows: “NOT AN OFFICIAL EVERYWHERE® [PRODUCT/SERVICE]. THIS [PRODUCT/SERVICE] IS NOT OFFICIALLY APPROVED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH EVERYWHERE® OR BUILD A ROCKET BOY®. ALL RIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS IN EVERYWHERE® ARE RESERVED BY BUILD A ROCKET BOY®.
Commercial Use refers to use of our Branding and Assets on your websites, social media pages, in your products and/or services that you make available, distribute, sell to others or otherwise generate revenue from.
You may not make any commercial use of any of our Branding or Assets without our express written permission.
GET IN TOUCH
If something you want to do is not covered by these Guidelines, any of our additional terms & conditions, EULAs or any instructions we may have provided, or you have a question, please get in touch with us at email@example.com